- Treat Thalassemia, Hemophilia and Blood Cancer patients free of cost
- Provide screened blood and its products to patients free of cost.
- Our aim is to work day in day out for better patient management and increased level of Thalassemia awareness to minimize and eventually, altogether eradicate this disease in Pakistan.
- Encouraging Thalassemia patients to be productive members of the community by finding them suitable jobs.
- Providing moral & social support to patients with these blood disorders and offer free of cost consultation.
- Encourage blood donation at national level by stressing the importance of blood donation for these patients to maintain their lives.
PATIENTS ARE OUR PRIORITY & CITIZENS ARE OUR OBJECTIVE
To provide 100 % free of cost patient care services to Thalassemia, Hemophilia and other blood disorder patients. To help reduce the disease by spreading awareness among the community members through social, cultural & medical campaigns.
OUR GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- To ensure free and quality care for the patients.
- To create awareness among public & facilitate screening and prevention programs for control of Thalassemia.
- To counsel & educate thalassemic, their families & doctors on the management of Thalassemia and maintain regular communication.
- To create better transfusion & treatment facilities.
- Population based Thalassemia Screening (starting from student community)
- Identification of high-risk families and their counseling.
- Nationwide services.
- Pakistan, free of Genetic Diseases.
Sundas Foundation is a pioneer of voluntary blood transfusion services currently operating in Lahore, Islamabad, Sialkot, Gujranwala, Faisalabad and Gujrat. Over the years, Sundas Foundation has been tackling the issues related to the blood transfusion services at a fairly large scale. Sundas Foundation is registered as a member of Thalassemia International Federation (T.I.F.) and World Hemophilia Federation.
During the period of Twenty Two (22) years Sundas Foundation has supplied more than 406,482 units of healthy and screened blood bags and blood products. At present, Sundas Foundation supplies more than 250-300 units of blood and blood products every day. This constitutes around 40–50% of the total requirement of blood and blood products in Lahore, Islamabad, Sialkot, Gujranwala, Faisalabad and Gujrat. All this would not have been possible without the whole-hearted support Sundas Foundation receives from the medical community, government, corporate sector and the public at large especially the students of colleges & universities.
WHAT HELP WE NEED FROM YOU?
Blood Screening Kits are required to perform screening tests on blood bags to ensure that the blood donated by donors is completely healthy and save for transfusion. A single Blood Screening Kit can perform Approximately 500 blood tests. As we do not compromise on quality and hence, we use state-of-the art technology and high-quality equipment to prevent affected blood transfusion.
A single Blood Bag can save up to 3 valuable lives. Sundas Foundation requires at least 1,000 blood bags every month to cater the needs of blood transfusion to the Thalassemic, Hemophilic and Blood Cancer Patients.
Injections and Tablets
Once the blood is transfused to the Thalassemic, Hemophilic or a patient suffering from other blood disorder, the level of iron increases in their body. To control the iron level in the patient’s body, they need to be given iron Chelation Thraphy with Tablets and Injections especially in Thalassemia.
MUNNOO BHAI MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sundas Foundation is constructing the state-of-the-art and purpose built Thalassemia hospital in Lahore to provide patient care services to Thalassemic & Hemophilic patients. This is a huge project and a great initiative for which the land has already been acquired and construction work is being planned to be started soon. Our donors have donated generously but we still need your assistance to complete the construction of Sundas Foundation’s Hospital Project.
We need continuous financial assistance to manage & effectively run our operations & provide services to the Thalassemic and Hemophilic patients that are generally offered free of cost.